FlashMind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simpler & More Open Layout?

Go down

Simpler  & More Open Layout? Empty Simpler & More Open Layout?

Post by Z Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:18 pm

First, I'm moved to simplify and collapse the poetry and prose sections into simply two sections and doing away with all the subforums (themes and what not). The emphasis of the evolving forum is spiritual/creative in nature...and these large categories are seeming more and more looming where there should be a feeling of openness and play.

Second, the sanctity of this place is deepened with each passing minute. Initially I made the forum largely closed to outside eyes in order to maintain feelings of privacy for members...but this has produced a walled monestary effect that is inappropriate to the work as it is developing here. I would like perhaps to hear what members think about allowing guests to be able to view areas of the forum and which areas of the forum would be acceptable for guests to view?

I'm very keen on keeping the quiet space feeling here, but also want souls who are drawn to our budding community to be able to witness who we are. Let's discuss these ideas. Please, take a moment to shape us. You each have already, that's why we have galleries and albums and this wonderful red background!

Peace and Laughter

Z
cool8
Z
Z
Admin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-06-25

https://flashmind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Simpler  & More Open Layout? Empty UPDATE! It's been done! EEK!

Post by Z Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:48 am

Well I did it. I've simplified the parts of the Writer's Sanctuaary area to simply be three forums:

• Flash Poetry
  • Flash Stories and Scenes
  • Flash Prose.
I will be putting some stickies on each of these threads to give some guidance to those who would post in these areas, but really, poetry is for poetry and lyrics, Stories & Scenes are full of fictional thingies, and pretty much all other writing goes in "Prose."

These areas are for your expressive works...a place to show to your friends in the community what you are doing.

In the coming days I will be adding a Writer's Workshop for us to begin sharing ideas and exercises aimed at imporoving the power of our self expression.

I would like to thank everyone that's been so supportive of this site and of my efforts. I would like to extend a special thanks to light_healer for all her attention and excellent input.

As always, if you have ANY ideas for improving the site, or wanna just say "nice work," please, drop me a PM, or post on the "Front Office Door & Suggestion Box."

Also, I keep a running list of things I'm thinking about doing or working on in my Private Journal here on the site. Private only means you can't write in it...it's fine to read or I wouldn't have it here!

Peace and Peace again,

Z
Z
Z
Admin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-06-25

https://flashmind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum