FlashMind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Figures I'd be the first to post in here!!

2 posters

Go down

Figures I'd be the first to post in here!! Empty Figures I'd be the first to post in here!!

Post by Angel Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:18 am

*I'M JUST BROKEN*
Figures I'd be the first to post in here!! 7402

Last edited by Angel on Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:22 pm; edited 5 times in total
Angel
Angel

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Figures I'd be the first to post in here!! Empty Software blast.

Post by Z Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:14 am

[the following was posted at a forum at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php regarding an open source add on to Open Office's PowerPoint clone, "Impress." The product is called "Open Card," but has no instructions. I hate that]

Stop working on anything else until you've decided that you want to tell people how to use your software.

This add on to Impress is a great idea, really. Clearly some time has gone into creating it...but, frankly if you can't be bothered to give enough of a shit about your end users to write some basic notes about how to use the program, then why should we be bothered to figure it out? I went to the forums and some guy was asking for intstructions A YEAR AGO!

(And no, sitting though a 2 minute video is not a set of instructions...it's infuriating and slow and is not helpful.

So, support...write some basic instructions such as "HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN CARDS" and make them bloody prominent or just put a great big banner on your page "Warning! This software is stable,...but comes without instructions because I can't manage to give a fuck."

I'll check in in another year...bet you haven't created any instructions then either. I'm going back to Mnemosyne and Pauker...this is just amateur.
Z
Z
Admin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-06-25

https://flashmind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum